California Legal Cobalt Kinetics Edge Slate AR15!
California Compliant Cobalt Kinetics Edge Slate AR15: The Next-Level Practical Rifle.
The BAMF EDGE exploits all of Cobalt’s unique design influence. Our billet rifle stock adds balance, stability, and improves handling characteristics of the rifle. The receivers, handguard and stock are machined in-house from 7075 aluminum and serialized together to ensure quality.
Cobalt’s patented DUAL DROP adds new functionality to the AR-15 platform. The system allows the shooter to trip the bolt release with a thumb after a mag change while keeping the weapon on target. The magazine, selector controls, and charge handle are fully ambidextrous. The trigger is an enhanced single stage unit which offers light, crisp performance.
A premium M-16 bolt group with nickel-boron coating guarantees reliability in adverse and extreme conditions. Our adjustable gas block is uniquely engineered to allow for precise, dependable operation.
4150 CMV steel is treated with a lithium-iron surface conversion to add strength, rigidity, and resistance to heat and erosion. The barrel’s contour has been carefully designed to increase inherent long term accuracy and overall balance. Standard chambering is 223 Wylde and features a 1-8″ twist 5-R rifling profile.
EDGE – S:
The “S” package delivers supreme accuracy with a fluted match grade Stainless Steel barrel.
Cobalt Kinetics Edge Slate AR15 Additional information:
- Caliber: .223 Wylde
- Barrel Construction: 4150 CMV Steel
- Barrel Length: 14.5 inch, 16 inch
- Rifling Twist: 1:8 Twist
- Muzzle Device: Edge Muzzle Brake, Pinned and Welded Linear Comp
- Upper Receiver: 7075 Billet Aluminium
- Bolt Carrier Group: Nickel Boron
- Lower Receiver: 7075 Billet Aluminium, Beveled Magazine Well, Detachable Trigger Guard
- Trigger: Drop In, Single Stage
- Controls: Ambidextrous Magazine Release, Dual Drop Bolt Release, Extended Magazine Release, Short Throw Safety Selector
- Handguard: (4) Quick Disconnect Points, Free Floating, M-Lok Compatible, Precision Machine 7075 Billet Aluminum
- Furniture: Rubber Over-molded Pistol Grip
- Stock: Cobalt Kinetics Billet Stock
This rifle features a fixed-magazine system requiring the action to be disassembled in order to remove the magazine. In California, this semi-automatic rifle can possess any and all of the following features:
- You can have a flash suppression device on the muzzle, which is commonly referred to as a flash hider.
- The rifle can have a pistol grip protruding below the action.
- The butt stock can be collapsing and / or adjustable.
- You can attach a flare launcher to the rifle.